How to quit smoking weed? You may have this question since you know that pot, weed or cold turkey start taking over your life. You may have known that your time is not with families, friends and hobbies anymore. Also, the benefits of quitting smoking weed may reopen your mind if smoking weed is not the right way to take if you want to make your life worth it. Then, it is the right time to quit smoking weed. The big question is how? There are some tips you can find here.
Here are the amazing tips on how to quit smoking weed; Learn to do them step by step.
- Throw out all pot and smoking paraphernalia. How to quit smoking weed cold turkey effectively? Then removing all things that make you easy in starting smoking again is the effective way you need to do first. Start with the following ideas;
- Get rid of any containers, bongs, roach clips, matches and lighters
- Flush all remaining weeds to the toilet instead of burying in the ground since you can take it back
- Destroy all supplies
- Get rid of anything may influence your mind to smoke like poster, video game or other else
- Take the number of the dealer off.
- Make a support system. Sometimes doing tips of how to quit smoking weed is not only about you but also about other people especially for families or friends who are smoking weeds. If quitting can make your relationship far, then ask them to understand your decision. For the first time, avoiding meeting friends who are smoking should be done since you are doing tips on how to quit smoking weed. Make them to support your decision is a good idea to ask for.
- Prepare for the withdrawal. When you decide to quit smoking, you may experience withdrawal in some days later right after you quit. It can be 2 or 3 days after quitting. But, it will be temporary. So, when you ask how to quit smoking weed prepare the withdrawal such as;
- Decreased appetite
- Increased body temperature
- Find the right replacement activity. How to quit smoking weed? Replace your time to smoke with sport or hobby. Whenever the temptation to smoke some in your mind, try to do the following activities;
- Playing guitar
- Reading book or newspaper
- Call and talk to an old friend
- Taking long walk
- Change your routine. How to quit smoking weed? Changing your routine and find a new hobby can be the best idea to help quit smoking weed faster and permanently. Here are what you can do;
- Change the morning routine such as waking up earlier, try different breakfast, shower at different time
- Change school or work routine such as taking different route for school or work, sit in the different seats, eat or drink something different for the lunch
- Change study routine such as instead of bedroom where it can lead to smoking weed, try to study at library, coffee shop or other rooms in home
- Manage urges. How to quit smoking weed? Try to manage your urges. When you are quitting smoking, then you may have temptation or urges to get back to the smoking weed routine. Here are what you can do;
- Avoid locations that can trigger
- Flee the scene. When urge comes, get out from it as soon as possible.
- Take a deep breath, hold for couple minutes then exhale slowly as you feel the breath
- Put something in the mouth. Try to find a substitute such as sugarless candy, sugarless gum, toothpicks, diet candy and other else.
- Drinking water
So, how to quit smoking weed? You have a lot of ideas as have been mentioned above to start and keep yourself in the right track to be consistent in quitting smoking weed. Therefore, strong motivation is the key to be free from anything that will make you get back to the old habit to smoking weed. Strong motivation may come from knowing the benefits of healthy life, from a loved one, from family even from your kids. Try to always find good reasons to avoid smoking weed.
© 2016, Start For Health. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to StartforHealth.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.