Some groups of men decide what the best vitamins for men. Some of them may focus on men in certain ages like finding the best vitamins for men over 40 or under. Actually, all men in all ages need the same vitamins but certain vitamins may be better higher or lower depending on the age and needs of the body. So, it is only about the amount of the vitamins that they need to take not the name of the vitamins itself. Vitamins for men are important as their body need them for many health reasons.
There are 14 best vitamins for men that are recommended by experts. They are;
- Cholinefor brain and nerve activity
- Folate (folic acid)for aiding red blood cells formation and it is important for DNA production
- Biotinfor breaking down the protein as well as carbohydrates. It is essential for both cholesterol and hormone production
- Pantothenic acidis same with Biotin
- Vitamin K for blood coagulation
- Vitamin Efor aiding red blood cell formation as well as helping the body in using Vitamin K
- Vitamin Dfor helping body in absorbing and maintaining the proper blood levels of the calcium
- Vitamin Cfor healthy teeth and gums and helping the body in healing wounds as well as absorbing iron
- Vitamin B12for aiding the red blood cells formation and maintaining the nervous system as well as aiding metabolism
- Vitamin B6for helping body in producing antibodies as well as hemoglobin. It can promote a proper nerve function too including breaking down the proteins. It can regulate the blood glucose levels.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin)for aiding digestion as well as nervous system functioning
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) forreleasing of the energy from the carbohydrates and helping red blood cell production
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)for helping cells in turning carbohydrates into energy
- Vitamin Afor healthy skin, eyes, bones, and teeth
Those are the best vitamins for men that they need to take for healthy body system as each vitamin has their own functions. Then, you may ask, where to get those vitamins? Indeed, as men need vitamins in large amount, taking the best multivitamins for men may be better. But wait, before you take any multivitamin supplements, it is good to see what foods that have vitamins for men to consume.
Here is the list of the foods with high and best vitamins for men;
- Eggs: Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin K, B12, B3, B1 and A
- Avocado: Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, B3 and E
- Milk or Fortified Milk: Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D, B12, B2 and A
- Cauliflower: Vitamin C and K
- Citrus fruits: Folate and Vitamin C
- Nuts and seeds: Biotin, Vitamin E, B6, B3,
- Dark green vegetables such as Brussel sprouts, asparagus and broccoli: Folate, Vitamin K, E and C
- Dark leafy vegetables: Folate, Vitamin K and A.
Men’s multivitamin supplements may be needed for some cases like dietary restriction and aging. For example, if you are a vegetarian, then you need to ensure to get the best vitamins for men especially for Vitamin B12. If you cannot get this vitamin from your diet, and then you can take a supplement contain B12 to keep the balance. For a vegan diet, taking dark colored fruits and vegetables are important.
Then, taking the best vitamins for men and supplement can be important for men above 70 since they need high vitamin D especially if they don’t get enough sunlight. So, supplement or multivitamin is needed in certain causes not for general men. This is what you need to understand about.
It is advised to take the best vitamins for men from food source first since there are many benefits that you can get. Fresh vegetable and fruits and other healthy foods contains vitamins can be the best choice to keep your intake healthy and you get enough vitamins that your body needs. Usually, daily intake can provide enough vitamins you need.
Besides that, a research shows that taking multivitamin supplement will not give any significant health benefits. You will find this supplement is not affordable as you will need the best vitamins for men for your daily intake.
© 2016, Start For Health. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to StartforHealth.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.