You may have heard about 800 calorie diet but you may not know yet about it further. Here, the focus of the 800 calorie diet meal plan is about taking low calories in your meal to lose weight significantly. Just like the name, this diet plan will use 800 calories in a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). This diet plan is good for everyone including for those who suffer obesity and want to get a quick result. This diet will boost the process to lose weight drastically. If you do it right, you will get in shape in moment.
800 calorie diet is considered as VLCD or Very Low Calorie Diet. Therefore, it is not recommended to take this diet without an expert medical supervision. For those with obesity who are suggested by their doctor to get this 800 calorie diet plan, then it is good to try this diet. Otherwise, it is not for alone-diet plan without supervision from the registered health expert. If not, this diet can lead to the severe health issues as well as nutritional deficiencies. So, make sure you will not take this diet by yourself.
Just like has been stated before that 800 calorie diet can be very good choice for those who want to lose weight significantly. However, it needs an expert medical supervision. There are benefits and dangers that you need to know before you take this diet program. The pros and cons here are based on the facts and reviews of this diet from experts. So, you will decide whether to take it or not with your own good reasons. Let’s see what has been written by experts about this diet plan.
- Benefits of 800 calorie diet include reduction in the sleep disorders just like sleep apnea, waist circumference reduction and improvement in BP count, etc.
- Based on some studies, VLCD can be a good diet plan for triggering weight loss: often it can end up improving the fertility disorders, cardiac ailments and respiratory problems.
- For individuals with obesity and others who suffer weight-related ailments, this diet can make them get in shape in short time.
It is recommended to take this 800 calorie diet and combined with enough nutrition as well as exercise to boost the process. The right amount of the nutrients you need is important to keep your health balance while exercise will boost the process as it will burn more fats and calories.
The exercises must be under professional trainer so you will start from the easiest level to the hardest level with different goals. This is important to always remember since you want a healthy result.
- 800 calorie diet may have side effects if it is not rightly performed under the registered expert.
- This low diet can slow down metabolism severely. It can lead to the problem of indigestion as well as weight gain. It can lead to the diarrhea and constant fatigue.
- Other problems can be for nutritional deficiencies including muscle or bone loss. Even, some cases show liver and kidney functions that are affected.
- This diet may give some other health issues.
When you are planning to make 800 calorie diet menu, you need to ensure that your menu consists of:
- carbohydrates and fats, although they are included minimally in the diet
- the diet must contain fresh veggies and fruits
- the food is low in calories and high on nutrition
Breakfast consists of:
- ½ cup non-fat milk has 42 calories
- 1 slice whole-meal bread has 80 calories
- 1 egg that is hard-boiled has 78 calories
Lunch consists of:
- 1 portion green salad added with ½ cup grilled chicken has 70 calories
- 1 small bowl clear vegetable soup has 15 calories
- few crackers has 105 calories
Dinner consists of:
- 1/2 cup of steamed broccoli or 1 grilled chicken breast about 3 oz. that is served together with baked sweet potato about 3 oz., each of them has 250 calories
- 1 small orange or 1/3 cup canned peaches or ½ oz. dried blueberries, each of them has 50 calories
For the remaining 100 calories, it can be achieved from taking snacks or beverages. It is recommended to take only fresh and healthy meals like fruits raspberries or strawberry or with low fat cheese /yoghurt, etc. If you have this 800 calorie diet, you will keep 800 calories in a day. So, ask your doctor or nutritionist about it.
© 2016, Start For Health. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to StartforHealth.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.